For fast, efficient and safe delivery and pickup of students, Hollywood Academy of Arts and Science has established specific drop off procedures. To review and/or print the new procedures and map, click here.
Placards are used by parents who pick-up students by car. Student names and grades are printed legibly on the placard and placed on the dashboard for the dismissal team to easily read. A PINK PLACARD is used to pick up grades K-2, a BLUE PLACARD is used to pick up Grades 3-5 (and younger siblings), and a YELLOW PLACARD is used to pick up Middle School (grades 6-8) and younger siblings. To review and/or print a Pick-Up Placard, click here.
Walkers – Because many of our older students will be walking to and from school, we need your assistance to ensure their safety. All students who will be walking home, or leaving the building on their own, must have written permission from the student’s parent or guardian. Please fill out a Walker_Permission_Form, stating whether or not this permission is for specific days, until further notice, or for the remainder of the school year. Students in Grades K-5 cannot sign themselves out without an older sibling.
- Early Dismissals are for Doctor/Dentist Appointments only
- No early dismissals after 2:00 pm as students are receiving final instruction and assignments for the day. No exceptions.
- K-2 PINK PLACARD (without 3-8 siblings) will be dismissed at 2:25 pm
- Gr 3-5 BLUE PLACARD (without Gr 6-8 siblings) will be dismissed at 2:45pm
- Gr 6-8 YELLOW PLACARD (and any Gr K-5 siblings) will be dismissed at 3:00 pm
- Dismissal for all grade level ends at 3:15 pm