For fast, efficient and safe delivery and pickup of students, Hollywood Academy of Arts and Science has established specific drop off procedures. Review and/or print the new procedures and map.
Placards are used by parents who pick-up students by car. A PINK PLACARD is used to pick up grades K-2, a BLUE PLACARD is used to pick up Grades 3-5 (and younger siblings), and a YELLOW PLACARD is used to pick up Middle School (grades 6-8) and younger siblings.
Walkers – Because many of our older students will be walking to and from school, we need your assistance to ensure their safety. All students who will be walking home, or leaving the building on their own, must have written permission from the student’s parent or guardian. Please fill out a Middle School Walker Permission Form 18-19 (pdf), stating whether or not this permission is for specific days, until further notice, or for the remainder of the school year. Students in Grades K-5 cannot sign themselves out without an older sibling.
- Early Dismissals are for Doctor/Dentist Appointments only
- No early dismissals after 2:00 pm as students are receiving final instruction and assignments for the day. No exceptions.
- Gr K-2 PINK # PLACARD will be dismissed at 2:25 pm (does not include Gr 3-8 siblings)
- Gr 3-5 BLUE # PLACARD will be dismissed at 2:45 pm (does not include Gr 6-8 siblings)
- Gr 6-8 YELLOW # PLACARD will be dismissed at 3:00 pm (includes all Gr K-5 siblings)
- Dismissal for all grade level ends at 3:15 pm
- HPD is often present to assist with traffic and will issue tickets to violators